Scroll down to view the conference report, presentations, videos and gallery.
The event included the first public Gloucestershire screening of the Resilience documentary, and featured two leading speakers on ACEs; Janine Roderick, Director of Public Health and Policing at Public Health Wales; and Benjamin Perks, UNICEF representative and Senior Fellow at Birmingham University. Alongside this, four local case studies shared their experience and expertise.
If you were unable to attend the event, or want to share the content with colleagues, you can download the full conference summary report here More than ACEs conference 2018_Final Report
The following presentations are available to download as PDFs.
- Introduction and welcome to the conference Julian Moss Introduction to the Conference
- The power of restorative relationships Rose Mahon_The Nelson Trust_ MoreThanACEs_2018
- Resilient communities in action Paul Stephenson_Chelt Borough Homes_MoreThanACEs2018
- Restorative practice in action in local schools Tom Beveridge_Education_MoreThanACEs2018
- Conference summary and close Sarah Scott_Conference Summary
Delegates and speakers were inspired by the energy at the event and the wide range of voices and sectors coming together to talk about childhood adversity and importance of hope. The conference was open to professionals from across health, police, education, social care and housing, as well as representatives of community and voluntary organisations. Speakers covered action and best practice from around Gloucestershire, the UK and internationally, with Q&A sessions picking up on issues faced in adult and children’s social care, as well as solutions from across the community.